Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Carry-It-All-Hipster Bag with Recessed Zipper




To those wondering where this tutorial is, it is coming!  I'm redoing the whole tutorial using a different  fabric all throughout, and adding the recessed zipper tutorial as well as the back flap instructions.  I've also made a few revisions to the  tutorial. It all takes time.  I do apologize to those who have been waiting.

This is the Carry-It-All Hipster Bag with a recessed zipper.

The front of the bag has a long, deep  zipper pocket across the front from one side to the other, as well as a smaller flap pocket.

The back has a large pocket, which extends from one side to the other, and it is a few inches shorter in height.  I added a tab for increased security as you can see in the picture.  I quite like the look..

The inside has an open pocket the width of the bag, and I divided it into two.  There's plenty of room, even though it's not a large bag.

I will also give a free tutorial to everyone who purchased the other Carry-It-All Hipster Bag with the flap.

6 comments:

  1. Really love the look of this bag! Brave of you to try the cork fabric! Do you like it, now that its finished? It looks GREAT! Is this a pattern of yours on craftsy, i didnt see a link annywhere? It looks just the right size, and the compartment size and placement all look perfect! I also think i have all the harware, other than a snap for the pocket flap... would live to try it! I will try to go find the pattern on craftsy! Thanks for sharing! It turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie for the lovely comments! Yes, the tutorial is the one which was on Craftsy, but I was unable to open it due to the new platform. I've removed it until the changes are made. The cork isn't difficult to sew, but I think you have to be careful where there's bulky areas and trim them properly. As for the snap, you could replace it with velcro or even a magnetic snap. I really like bag because of the size as well as the recessed zipper. It was quite easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bag. I've just started making purses and bags. Mine never seem to turn out exactly like my patterns, LOL. Please keep sharing your creations. I can't wait to try your tutorial on this bag. I've been wanting to try a bag with a recessed zipper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is a pretty easy pattern, and there are a lot of pictures to follow. I'm working on the tutorial today, and I hope I've made the recessed zipper easy to follow. There are great videos on You Tube as well. I'm sure you will do fine. Thank you for the words of encouragement.

      Delete
  4. Trying to find pattern, would like to make one. It's not in craftsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loretta! I pulled the pattern from Craftsy to make the necessary changes for the new tutorial. It will be out shortly! Thank you for your interest!

      Delete

Would love to hear from you!